Managing Users in rpmsOnline
The following User Types (Access Levels) are supported in rpmsOnline.com:
- Agent - Limited Access to load Properties, Mandates and to Submit Applications. Access only to information related to the Logged in Agent.
- Rental Administrator - Access to all The Agent Features for all Properties of the Company. Some major features can be enabled / disabled on a Profile level to support the specific role played by the Administrator in the Organisation.
- Manager - Super User access to all Features in the system including the Management Menu options only accessible to Manager Users. Some features can also be enabled / disabled on a Profile level to support the role played by the Manager in the Organisation.
Users in rpms can only be created and managed by a user with a Manager Access level and with the User Management flag enabled on his/her profile. To create and manage users go to the Management menu and select Users / Profiles sub-menu. A query will be displayed of all registered users and their associated access levels. The table below shows a mapping of access levels to menu options and features.
Also in this Article:
View / Create / Edit Users
Only Manager type users with the appropriate permissions are allowed to create and edit rpmsOnline.com users. The steps to do this are as follows:
- Login as a Manager
- Select the Management menu option and then Users / Profile
- To create - On the Users / Profiles query, click on the Register New rpmsOnline User and complete the form to register a new user
- To view / edit - On the Users / Profiles query, select the user to edit and then click on the details icon to open the user form. Then edit the user details and save.
- To de-active - On the Users / Profiles query, select the de-activate user icon to de-activate the selected user
User Registration / Edit form
In the form above, the following information associated with a user be entered or changed:
- Name - the name of the User
- Designation - the designation of the User
- Access Level - the access level can be either Manager, Rental Admin or Agent.
- Has Agent Profile - any user with an access level of Manager or Rental Admin can also have an agent profile in order to be linked as agents to Properties, Mandates, Applications and Leases. They will however have full access to system features that are available to users with an access level of Manager or Rental Admin. Agent access level users however will only have access to Agent access level features. Refer to the table below for more detail on the features available to the various access levels. Use the Create Agent Record button to create an Agent Record for an Administrator or Manager type user who also plays an Agent role in the organisation and therefor needs to be linked to Properties, Mandates, Applications and Leases.
- Login Name - the login name chosen by the user. This would normally be the Email address of the user.
- Email - the Email address of the user.
- Use Global Email From Address - If this switch is ON, the system will use the Accounts From Email address defined on the Company Defaults tab as the Reply To Address for automated Email notifications.
- Mobile - the Mobile number of the user.
- Landline - the Landline of the user.
- Signatures Panel - the panel where the user can upload a signature to attach to Emails sent from the system.
- Permissions - Administrators Panel - the panel where Permissions are setup for Administrator and Manager type users.
- Permissions - Accounts Panel - the panel where account related permissions are setup for Administrators and Managers that have their Enable Accounts menu switched on.
- Permissions - Managers Panel - the panel where permissions are setup for Manager type users.
User Profile Permissions
User Profile Permissions are determined by the User Access Level as well as the Permission Flags on the User Profile. The Access Level and Permission flags for a user can be setup and changed by a Manager with the appropriate rights. These permissions will determine to which Menu Options and Features a specific user have access to.
To edit User Profile permissions navigate to the user and click on the edit icon to open the User Profile form. The user permissions are shown as switches on three panels as shown below:
The following permissions can be setup for Administrator and Manager users on the panel shown above:
- Permission to link Landlord and Tenant External Users to view Property and Lease related information
- Permission to Open and Query Archived Data
- Access to the Renewal Management features
- Access to the Maintenance Management features
- Access to Maintenance and Renewal billing features
- Access to the RedRabbit shortcut for users of companies who have a valid RedRabbit license
- Access to the Accounts menu - when this switch is on, the Account permissions can be setup as shown on the panel below.
The following permissions can be setup for Manager and Administrator type users who have access to the Accounts menu option as shown on the panel above:
- Access to the Banking menu option on the Accounts menu
- Access to the GL Accounts Menu option
- Access to the Trust and Deposit Account recon features available from the Banking Dashboard tools menu options.
- Access to the Allocate Payments menu option on the Accounts menu
- Access to the Approve Payments menu option on the Accounts menu
- Access to the Submit and Approve button on the Allocations Dashboard. This will allow an Administrator to Submit and Approve a Payment Split in ONE STEP without any further approval. The Payment Instruction will be made directly on the Bank Payment Schedule and no further approval process will be required.
- Access to the Bank Payment Schedule menu option on the Accounts menu
- Access to the Default Management menu option on the Accounts menu
- Access to the Accounts flags menu option on the Accounts menu
- Permission to authorise Bank Account changes - users who have this switched on will have access to the Authorise Beneficiary query where all New Bank Accounts as well as any changes to Bank Account detail must be authorised before any payments van be made to those beneficiaries.
- Permission to Delete Account transactions - users who have this switched on will be allowed to delete Tenant and Landlord transactions on the View All queries of accounts. In addition these users will also be allowed to select and link Beneficiaries for Complexes, Contractors, Landlords, Tenants and Company Bank Accounts.
- Access to Bulk Billing and Statements on the Accounts menu
rpmsOnline allows for any number of users with a Manager access level and the permissions shown above are only applicable to users with a Manager access level. The following permissions can be customised:
- Permission to Create Users and Setup User Permissions - Users with this switched on will have access to the rpmsOnline users query on the Management menu from where they can create New Users, de-activate Existing Users, send Links to users to reset their passwords and change user Access Levels and Permissions. Ideally, only one user in the organisation should have this permission switched on.
- Permission to Create / Edit Company Bank Accounts - users with this switched on will have access to the Company bank accounts query on the Management menu.
- Permission to Create / Edit Beneficiary Data - users with this switched on will have access to the Beneficiary query on the Master Portfolio Data sub menu from the Management menu. From this query users can Create new Beneficiaries of type Electricity, Water, Municipality or Other. You can also de-active Beneficiaries and mark Beneficiaries for Auto Remittances.
- Access to the Master Portfolio menu option on the Management menu - users who have this switched on can do advanced query searches and filtering on almost all data in the system and query results can be downloaded to CSV or Excel files. It is extremely important that this permission is only given to trust worthy individuals because it provides access to the most valuable asset of the agency, its data including Landlord and Tenant contact detail.
TABLE 1: User access rights and permissions
|Main Menu||Sub-menu||Manager||Rental Admin||Agent|
|Home Dashboard||Full Access||Full Access||No Access|
|Properties Dashboard||Accounts||Full Access|| Full Access
Set on Profile
|Property||Full Access||Full Access||Full Access|
|Mandate||Full Access||Full Access||Full Access|
|Application||Full Access||Full Access|| Feature Limitations
No access to Screening
Cannot approve Applications
|Lease||Full Access||Full Access||No Access|
|Exit Tickets||Full Access||Full Access||No Access|
|Inspections||Full Access||Full Access||Full Access|
|Contacts||Full Access||Full Access||Full Access|
|Admin & Contacts||Rental Agents||Full Access||Full Access||Full Access|
|Complexes|| Full Access
||Full Access||Full Access|
|Managing Agents||Full Access||Full Access||Full Access|
|Contractors||Full Access||Full Access||Full Access|
|Landlords||Full Access||Full Access||No Access|
|Tenants||Full Access||Full Access||No Access|
|My Property Contacts||No Access||No Access||Full Access|
|Email Outbox||Full Access||Full Access||No Access|
|SMS Outbox||Full Access||Full Access||No Access|
|Link Properties to Users||Set on Profile||Set on Profile||No Access|
|Email Templates||Full Access||Full Access||No Access|
|Company Templates||Full Access||Full Access||Full Access|
|Archived Data||Set on Profile||Set on Profile||No Access|
|Applications||Properties TO LET||Full Access||Full Access||Full Access|
|Applications WIP||Full Access||Full Access||Full Access|
|Applications Approved||Full Access||Full Access||Full Access|
|Leases||Lease Management||Full Access||Full Access||No Access|
|Renewal Management||Full Access||Set on Profile||No Access|
|Exit Management||Full Access||Full Access||No Access|
|Maintenance Management||Full Access||Set on Profile||No Access|
|Accounts||Banking||Full Access||Set on Profile||No Access|
|Allocate Payments||Full Access||Set on Profile||No Access|
|Approve Payments||Full Access||Set on Profile||No Access|
|Bank Payment Schedule||Full Access||Set on Profile||No Access|
|Account Balances||Full Access||Full Access||No Access|
|Account History||Full Access||Full Access||No Access|
|Account Flags||Full Access||Set on Profile||No Access|
|Account Alerts||Full Access||Full Access||No Access|
|Default Management||Full Access||Set on Profile||No Access|
|Bulk Billing and Statements||Full Access||Set on Profile||No Access|
|Landlord Portfolios||Full Access||Full Access||No Access|
|Authorise Beneficiaries||Set on Profile||Set on Profile||No Access|
|Management||Company Settings & Defaults||Full Access||No Access||No Access|
|Users / Profiles||Set on Profile||No Access||No Access|
|Company Bank Accounts||Set on Profile||No Access||No Access|
|Company Templates||Full Access||No Access||No Access|
|Company Portfolios||Full Access||No Access||No Access|
|Letting Packages||Full Access||No Access||No Access|
|Financial Management||Set on Profile||No Access||No Access|
|Master Portfolio Data||Set on Profile||No Access||No Access|
|Quick Tools||New Managing Agent||Full Access||Full Access||No Access|
|New Complex||Full Access||Full Access||No Access|
|New Property||Full Access||Full Access||Full Access|
|New Mandate||Full Access||Full Access||Full Access|
|New Application||Full Access||Full Access||Full Access|
|New Contractor||Full Access||Full Access||No Access|
|New Email Template||Full Access||Full Access||No Access|
|Audit Trail||Full Access||Full Access||No Access|
|Go To RedRabbit||Set on Profile||Set on Profile||No Access|
How to setup or reset a password for a user?
Once you have registered a user you can click on the Reset Password icon (See screenshot below) to send an Email to the user with a Link that the user can click on to select a New Password. If a User forgets his / her password, you can just click on the Reset Password icon again to send an Email to the user and they can then select a new password.