Account Balances and Reminders
The Account Balances queries in rpmsOnline are used to get an overview of various Tenant and Landlord balances in the system. The Account Balances queries can be accessed from the Accounts Menu option.
Also in the Article:
- The Rent Balance Alert feature
- The Rent that was Paid in a specified Period
- Account Balance Queries - what is displayed
- Account reminders
- Reminder Email format
The most commonly used balances query is the Current Lease Accounts query.
To navigate to Account Balances for current Lease Accounts:
- Navigate to the Accounts menu
- Select the Account Balances menu option
- Select the Current Lease Accounts sub menu option
The Current Lease Accounts query
The following main fields are available on this query:
- Lease Info - Property, Tenant, End date and Rent
- Account Balances - Tenant Outstanding Balance, Rent, Last Billed. You can use the Last Billed field to identify Leases that have not billed after the billing day when you are setup for auto billing.
- Late Payment Info - Information related to the Last Payment Received and Rent ageing.
NOTE: The summary labels in the query above (Account Balances and Late Payment Info) have temporarily been disabled.
The Rent Balance Alert Feature
rpmsOnline has a built in alert that highlights Account Balances in RED
- where the Tenant Rent Balance > the Tenant Lease Rent and
- where the Current Day of Month > the Account Due Day of the Month as specified for the Lease (See example below).
This feature will allow you to easily identify Tenants that is more than one's Rent in arrears.
The example above you can see that:
- For Glenwood 20 - the Tenant Rent Balance is R 9500 which is R 3500 more than the Lease Rent of R 6000.
- For Glenwood 10 - the Tenant Rent Balance is R 7000 which is R 2000 more than the Lease Rent of R 5000.
How to see how much Rent was paid in a specific Ageing window period?
In order to assist you to determine how much was paid towards Rent in a specified period, you can use the Calculate Age Window Rent feature that is available from the Options and Tools menu drop down on the Account Balances query. When you select this menu options a form will be displayed where you can select the Rent Age window as shown below.
Enter the Period in DAYS and click on the Create button. The system will then calculate the total amount of Rent that was paid in the last [Period in DAYS]. This will be displayed in the Rent Paid field as show below. Note that this is the amount that was Received and Allocated towards Rent in other words where the Paid from Rent flag was set to YES on the Payment Splits.
In the example above you can see:
- that for Glenwood 20, the last amount received from the Tenant was R 2500 and that was received on 08/09/2017 and the full R 2500 was received in the last 30 days and allocated towards Rent paid.
- that for Glenwood 10, the last amount received from the Tenant was R 3000 and that was received on 08/09/2017 and the full R 3000 was received in the last 30 days and allocated towards Rent paid.
- Note - Only payment splits with the From Rent flag on and with a status of PAID or RECONCILED will be taken into account for this calculation.
Other Account Balance queries
The following additional Account Balance queries are also available from the Account Balances menu option:
- Past Lease Accounts - use this query to view Tenant and Landlord Account Balances for past and archived Lease Accounts.
- Damage Deposit Balances - use this query to view Damage Deposit and Interest Balances for Lease Accounts where the Damage Deposit Balance is larger than Zero.
- Tenant Acc Category Balances - use this query to view Tenant Account Category Balances where the Tenant Account Balance is not equal to Zero in other words where the Tenant Account has a Debit or Credit Balance.
- Landlord Acc Category Balances - use this query to view Landlord Account Category Balances where the Landlord Account Balance is not equal to Zero in other words where the Landlord Account has a Debit or Credit Balance.
- Procurement Only Lease Balances - use this query to view all Tenant and Landlord Account Balances for Procurement Only Leases.
- Month-end Balances - Lease Accounts - use this query to see what the Balances were on Tenant and Landlord Accounts on a specific Month-end. Note that the system stores a snapshot of Tenant and Landlord Account Balances on the last day of every month.
- Month-end Balances - Investment Accounts - use this query to see what the Investment Account Balances were on a specific Month-end. Note that the system stores a snapshot of the Investment Account Balances on the last day of every month.
The Account Reminders feature provides a quick mechanism to select and send Account Reminders via Email and / or SMS to Tenants that are late with their Rent Payments, but where you have not decided yet to formally Default Manage them by sending Letters of Demand and Notices to Cancel the Lease, etc.
To Access Account Reminders (See below)
- Navigate to the Accounts menu
- Select the Default Management option
- Select the Send Bulk Account Reminders sub menu option.
When you select the Send Bulk Account Reminders menu option, the following form will be displayed where you can specify the Search Parameters to be used:
In the form above:
- Portfolio Filter - tick this flag is you only want to remind Tenant for a specific Portfolio and then use the Select Leases for Portfolio drop down to select the Portfolio to use.
- Balance Option - select which Balance you want to consider (Full Balance, Rent Balance or Admin Balance) from the drop down and then specify the Floor amount in the with Balances Larger than field.
- Click on the Save button to conduct the search and open the resultant Reminders query as shown below.
On the Reminders query above the following features are available:
- Send SMS Reminders - use this option to send SMS reminders to all Tenants in the reminders list. The SMS body text can be customised on the SMS Settings Panel on the Company Setting and Defaults form. Note that you can only send SMS reminders if you have enough SMS credits available.
- Send Email Reminders - use this option to send Template based Email reminders to all Tenant in the reminders list (See example Email format below).
- Create Default Records - use this option to create a Default record for every Tenant in this Reminders list.
- Reminder Record Features (See screenshot example below)
- Open Account Dashboard - navigate to the Account Dashboard for this Lease
- Create Default Record - create a Default record for this Tenant
- Remove record from Reminders List - remove this Tenant from this Reminders list
Reminder Email format
In the Reminder Email below note the following:
- the system will automatically compile the Subject Line for each Tenant as indicated below
- the system will automatically populate the Tenant and any secondary Email address specified into the Email Address field.
- the system will automatically populate the salutation info with the Tenant Representative info specified on the Lease.
- the system will append the Body text of the chosen template.
- the system will append the Signature of the logged in Rental Administrator who executes the request.